Approaching the New Year with trepidation.
Perchance the 13 is unlucky even in years.
I peruse my diary.
More loss than gain
The final sum.
We did have glorious times.
A Europe trip, the brightest jewel.
A writing group encouraging
Mindfulness, a book written
The final tally.
We bring with us into the new,
Not a clean slate, but the leftovers of life
A friend with cancer, fighting,
A friend missing, foul play.
Nothing adds up.
Except for the friendships
born and renewed.
Family times cherished,
Engraved on our hearts
- December 29 – This Week’s Top Five at Five Including Weekly Freebies! (teacherlingo.com)
- Estranged friends. (fredymalarky88888creations.com)
I cannot dwell on
Who defines greatness
But bask in the memory
That I have lived in it’s time.
Today I am mindful of memories of warmer climes,
Warm breezes, cold lemonade and daisies.
I feel regret for things that no longer are
Or will be exactly so again.
As I focus on the memories, I press them to my heart
Crushing the sweet fragrance of their blooms and inhale
Photo: Val Letkeman
I have discovered Eunoia.
Perhaps it has discovered me.
A beautiful well-minded word,
It’s hard to tell but, it makes it’s Amazing Effort Involving Offering Understanding,
And sometimes in love it Yields.
*Every selected text blends when expressed excellently. (Example)
- Welcome to Eunoia Solstice (eunoiasolstice.com)
- Performance Artist. Lisa Park – “Eunoia” (Laura Hyatt) (rachelstovold.wordpress.com)
I wish I had realized earlier in life,
that I love spending time. I would have placed more value on it.
I would have spent it more efficiently,
Or perhaps not.
I have soared on the wings of time.
I have also realized that I have let others
steal, waste and kill my time.
Less time left now to love.
- Get It Done! Maximizing Your 24 Hours (madamenoire.com)
- It doesn’t matter if you are rich or poor, healthy or sick, you only have 24 hours a day either way, and you should try to use it wisely. (eagleman6788.wordpress.com)
The snowy beast called Winter has returned.
Rising from the snowdrifts, he shakes his furry mantle.
Baring icy teeth at fearful frozen travelers, he smirks as
they lament the demise of Summer and share tales of her glory around
meager fires and hot chocolate with little marshmallows.
- How to Make Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows – Cooking Lessons from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- FREE Audiobook Download: In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Holiday Gift Guide, Bad Santa (sarahelizabeth822.wordpress.com)
- Making marshmallow and toothpick sculptures on a snowy afternoon (artfulparent.typepad.com)
- Tei Shi : Saudade EP (kaioticmusic.com)
- Tei Shi – “Nature Vs. Nurture” (Stereogum Premiere) (stereogum.com)
- listen to Tei Shi’s Saudade EP (gorillavsbear.net)
- Saudades de Portugal (archiesmeetings.wordpress.com)
- Tenho saudades de você. (ashleydbrowne.wordpress.com)